Here’s your step by step guide on how to get started with ICOs (Initial Coin Offering):
1. Download Telegram app on your iPhone or Android and register an account. Its the whatsapp for Crypto Community.
2. Join following groups on Telegram, I find these useful:
3. Create an ether wallet on https://www.myetherwallet.com/ (aka MEW). If you follow instructions on website you will be all set. Make sure you take paper printout of your wallet addresses. If you loose your private key you can never recover your money! Please read instructions while creating account very carefully and follow them. Its worth the time.
4. All ICO’s which are Ethereum infrastructure based will require you to send ethers from a MEW address.
5. Mostly all ICO’s require whitelist. Its a tough to follow race but below are some websites with good ICO listings:
6. Read and understand this page: https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/gas/what-is-gas-ethereum.html. You will need this while sending your ethers in token sales.
7. Useful videos to understand how gas/gwei works:
8. If you dont mind reading, this is best resource to understand gas + gwei: https://bitfalls.com/2017/12/05/ethereum-gas-and-transaction-fees-explained/
8. Useful website to check gas prices: https://ethgasstation.info